If you're coming to SMACC, then BE PART OF SONOWARS
Sonowars will test the ultrasound capabilities of teams in a challenging and fun format.
It promises to be one of the highlights of SMACC.
- Register on-line before the conference, or at the Philips exhibition booth at SMACC.
- 3 players per team (goes without saying that all must be conference delegates!)
- If you’re on your own, no problems - put your name down at the Philips booth and we’ll find you a team.
- Qualification for the Final occurs at the Philips exhibition booth – first 2 days of the conference. Your team will need to perform an eFAST on a live model, and then answer a series of ultrasound loops. Teams are ranked based on the accuracy of your team’s scanning technique and time taken to perform the scans, and your speed and accuracy in interpreting the ultrasound loops.
- The team rankings will be listed at the Philips booth, and between plenary sessions.
- The Final will be between the best 2 teams. This is an afternoon plenary session on Tuesday 12th March, 2013.
- For the Final, both teams will be on stage, and the winning team will need to perform live scanning and interpret ultrasound loops quicker and more accurately than the other team, as determined by our illustrious judging panel (with a little help from the audience). Look out for some distractions along the way!